We are actively recruiting for a Surgery Scheduler/Coordinator to join our growing team at IWorks Laser & Vision Center at our Grandview-Dayton location. This is not a remote position, you will be working out of our office building. This is a position of critical importance for our Ophthalmology practice, please read all details. If you’re interested in joining a friendly and talented team, please apply with your resume or email us at [email protected]
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Surgery Scheduler (Ophthalmic Surgeries: Outpatient & In-office):
- Coordinate and schedule patient surgeries and follow-up appointments.
- Coordinate processes and route all paperwork as required to meet physician and surgery center requirements.
- Submit prior authorizations.
- Verify patients’ insurance benefit coverage.
- Meet with patient:
- Ascertain that all consent forms are completed and signed prior to surgery.
- Walk patients through “to-do” instructions for before and after surgery.
- Explain financial requirements and collect fees prior to surgery.
- Consult patient on various surgical options
- Charge Entry/Payment Posting:
- Verify accuracy on all patient encounter forms.
- Accurately input charges related to the physician’s surgical professional services into the practice management system. All charge batches should balance in both number of procedures and total dollar.
- Accurately post payments received for physician’s professional services into the practice management system.
- Adhere to all office policies on safety and security.
- Utilize electronic medical records to enter communications, demographics, consents, documents, billing, and coding.
- Nextech/Athena access: Scheduling surgery and follow up appointments
- Must have a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills with patients and co-workers.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge and skills.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the office.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Knowledge and adherence to HIPAA, COMPLIANCE, OSHA.
- Knowledge of ophthalmic surgical procedures
- Be able to effectively communicate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Strong knowledge of billing and coding.
- Knowledge of contracted insurance plans.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 401k w/ Match
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts