Summary: The Producer will support the creative development and execution of local and regional broadcast and digital-platform productions for ThinkTV|Dayton and CET|Cincinnati, serving all of southwest Ohio. The Producer will be required to be hands-on in the production process, with a proven track record of working on their own, or on a skeleton crew, to accomplish videos, from planning to shooting and editing their own work. The Producer will establish and ensure a consistent standard of production quality, relevance, and timeliness for a range of programming and subject matter; emphasis for this role will be in producing educational/informational content, science/technology, arts/culture or community affairs productions. The Producer’s work will often lean into digital platforms, helping to create digital-targeted videos that dovetail and support ongoing broadcast series, documentaries, image campaigns or initiatives. Awareness and understanding of successful formats and approaches/styles for various streaming and social-media platforms are key. The Producer will be juggling multiple projects at a time. The Producer will report to the Director of Content, and may be based at ThinkTV in Dayton or CET in Cincinnati, however travel between markets is likely based on assignments.
- Oversee the development and production of programs and video projects, as assigned.
- Develop, produce and lead creative on digital projects, as assigned, delivering them on deadline.
- Lead and direct production staff, as needed, for video productions.
- Play multiple roles on projects, possibly handling videography, audio, editing or all of the above.
- Manage project schedule in coordination with Director of Content.
- Book and schedule equipment, crew as needed, for field/studio productions.
- Assist other Producers as required on local productions.
- Coordinate productions with programming, engineering/technology, development, and marketing/communications staff. This role will work closely with digital/web team.
- Coordinate activities with external partners as needed.
- Maintain awareness of critical regional and community issues and trends.
- Support program development by identifying topic and content opportunities and developing related proposals.
- Participate in on-air and fundraising activities and productions, which occur periodically throughout the year (Auction, Pledge, etc.)
- Stay up-to-date on PBS programs and initiatives, both on-air and online.
- Perform other duties assigned or required, including occasionally running camera, teleprompter, studio work, etc.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Director of Content regarding progress on assignments.
- 1-3 years prior experience in producing dynamic content for television or multi-media platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of digital and broadcast media production and editorial management.
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity and excellent writing skills.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with and ability to use: Current production software, such as non-linear editing systems (Adobe CC, Avid); production equipment (Broadcast Studio Cameras, DSLRs, Lenses); Audio equipment (Mics, receivers); Grip and lighting equipment; Microsoft Office suite (PC/Windows-based organization).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including trust, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to work seamlessly with media, university, business, and community partners.
- Passion for PBS programs and services.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, ability to provide constructive feedback, and receive similar feedback on your own work.
- Willingness to work in the field, sometimes for extended hours in weather.
- Excellent organization skills, attentiveness to detail, and the ability to multi-task with aplomb.
- Bachelor’s degree in media, broadcasting, or communications desired, but not absolutely required based on skillset.
If interested and qualified, please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Public Media Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer