A Dayton area business is seeking an Education Specialist, to join our team of creative multimedia educators and help us further the educational mission of our organization. The Education Specialist is a dynamic, collaborative, life-long learner, experienced in early childhood development, early childhood education and school readiness. In support of the Education Services department, the Education Specialist will play a key role in educator professional development, department communications and community engagement activities that drive both awareness and utilization of educational resources. The person in this position will work to establish and maintain strategic collaborative educational partnerships in southwest Ohio. The Education Specialist will support a strong commitment to educational equity, cultural relevance, diversity, and inclusion.
DEGREE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in education required. Bachelor’s degree in a related program preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in formal or informal PreK-12 education.
- Competency with digital educational platforms, tools and software.
- Familiarity or experience with the educational resources of PBS, PBS KIDS and PBS LearningMedia.
- Experience facilitating both in-person and online/virtual training or events.
- Experience with STEM/STEAM curriculum.
- Experience and success securing program funding through grant and proposal writing.
- Ability to work both collaboratively on project teams and independently with minimal supervision or direction.
- Fluency in a language other than English is a plus.
- Share content and resources with parents, educators, and early learning community organizations through educational events, workshops, trainings, newsletters and social media.
- Organize, plan and facilitate educator workshops, family learning activities, afterschool programs, camps, and events.
- Promote the utilization of high-quality educational media to improve student achievement and facilitate learning using PBS LearningMedia and PBS KIDS resources and a variety of other media-rich, interactive learning experiences.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with early learning educators, libraries, afterschool programs, community partners, school districts, and other educational organizations to facilitate educational programming.
- Write education newsletters and social media messaging in collaboration with Education and Communications teams.
- Collaborate on grant proposal research, preparation, and execution, including data reporting and some budgetary responsibilities.
- Incorporate diverse perspectives for all work products and organizational interactions.
- Collaborate with education and outreach staff, production staff, and communication colleagues, working quickly, creatively, professionally, and calmly while handling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Assist with other initiatives as needed, including occasional evening and weekend events.
- Other duties as assigned.